It may only be August, but plans are already being finalized for this year’s Katy Rice Harvest Festival.
The 2012 edition of the festival rolls into Katy October 13-14, marking the 32nd anniversary of Katy’s premier family celebration.
The year’s event will feature more than 325 unique vendors.
Commercial and handcrafted vendor booths are still available, but food vendor booths are completely sold out.
The Katy Rice Harvest Festival Cooking Competition will take place on Saturday, Sept. 22. The photography contest will also be judged on Sept. 22.
The festival will kick-off with the annual parade on Oct. 6, in downtown Katy. The entertainment lineup as scheduled to date is as follows:
Saturday Oct. 13
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm To be announced
- 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm DunVille (www.dunvillenation.com)
- 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm The Trishas (www.thetrishas.com)
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Silverado Band (www.thesilveradoband.com)
- 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm Folk Family Revival (www.folkfamilyrevival.com)
- 10:30 pm – 12:00 midnight Scooter Brown Band (www.scooterbrownband.com)
Sunday Oct. 14
- 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm Yelba & Latin Fire (www.yelba.net)
- 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm Mambo Jazz Kings (www.mambojazzkingslive.com)
- 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm Bri Bagwell (www.bribagwell.com)
The festival’s Rice Stage will showcase local musical talent, dancers, martial arts demonstrations, and more.
Free parking and free shuttle service to and from the festival is available for all guests from Katy Mills.
Festival admission is $8 for adults and children over 10 years of age.
To support the City of Katy, $1 per ticket will be contributed to the City of Katy Annual Fireworks Display.
Additionally, Cinco Ranch High School, Faith West Academy, Katy High School, Mayde Creek High School, Morton Ranch High School, Pope John XXIII High School, Seven Lakes High School and Taylor High School all benefit from the gate proceeds.
As in previous years, there will be a carnival area, as well as a separate “kiddie kingdom” with rides for smaller children.
The carnival will be open Friday night, Saturday from 10 a.m. to midnight, and Sunday from noon until 6 p.m.
Admission tickets and carnival wristbands will be available for purchase in advance and at the festival.
To register for any of the activities or events, purchase carnival armbands or admission tickets, visit the Katy Area Chamber of Commerce website www.riceharvestfestival.org.